CFBO Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 6

4 posters

Go down

Week 6 Empty Week 6

Post  gameface1324 Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:58 am

Up
gameface1324
gameface1324
Admin

https://cfbo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Week 6 Empty Re: Week 6

Post  MaccMane24 Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:07 pm

AGHHh!

My dads doing computer maitenance and he's usually great about coming and asking me making sure I'm not online or doing something important but for some reason today he even admits it's uncharacteristic but he just pulled the main internet plug. I run my PS3 on wireless because I play on the family 46" Samsung when possible but if not I'll bring it in my room, so when he pulled the plug it immediately disconnected.

Sorry about that everybody, I'll get the game in most likely tonight. Colorado was giving me fits after having injured my starting running back and quarterback. I was in control of the game by more than 14 but they were seriously out to injure because even after those two went down a couple of my receivers went down as well. I guess I caught a lucky break lol.
MaccMane24
MaccMane24
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post  DMT1809 Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:41 pm

"We're going with Pierre Smith for our next game". Coach Thompson has always been one to give a definitive statement after a game and this was not a surprise to the Huskie faithful. Fifth year Senior Rashaun Leonard was mediocore at best, and after being injured in the game against Oregon Pierre Smith came in and managed the game very well going 6-8 for 120 yds and a TD. The Huskies were committed to the running game again as Brandon Davis had another 100 yd and has become a prime candidate for 1st team All Conference. The receivers made a few clutch catches and after discussing their passing options with Coach Mac of OK State you could tell that the tips paid off. On defense Garrett Moody had 10tkls including 4tfl but the defense did give up a big TD run. "Our defense did a good job against the option, our blitz heavy packages make it hard for our corners to play the large amount of press coverage that I want, but I believe if we implement more zone blitzes that will help them in the secondary". Jason Bowling had another good game recording 5tkls 1 tfl and a big stop on a WR who was destined for the end zone, as he came across the field and stopped him at the 40 yard line. The Huskies played typical smashmouth football, hard nosed running and tough defense. They improve to 4-1 and may be looking ahead toward the game against Cal but a slip up now would be the last thing the team needs.

Another good game running, still getting used to the passing but I haven't had a chance to practice with it to get the timing right. But i did notice that the tips you gave really helped Pierre Smith go 6-8 in the second half. Gona find time to work on it since I got the next two days off from work. Running game is solid and my secondary is doing enough not to get us beat. Wana use more blitzing packages tho, I kno how much Ax likes to throw the ball lol.
DMT1809
DMT1809
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  MaccMane24 Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:58 pm

Oh yeah. Don't let him slip on ya he's got a niiiice running game too tho! lol I hate looking outside in on the Pac 10. Glad those tips helped and over time I'm sure you'll continue to get used to them. I'm telling you tho, practice mode = golden.

---

Oklahoma State 38 Colorado 36

The Oklahoma State Cowboys went into Colorado with a chip on their shoulder. Fine offensive execution and a well executed two-minute drill nearly knocked that chip off of the nations #16 ranked team.

"It sure was a lot closer than we'd had hoped. They defenitely made it interesting," Coach Macc had to say.

The Cowboys slipped past without a loss and continued strong Big 12 play in anticipation for next week's inevitable Big 12 Championship game between Strouse's A&M Aggies.

"Next week is the biggest game of the year in my opinion. That game left a sour taste in our mouth from last year and we want to beat them bad. Obviously we would've wanted to put up a few more and hold them to a few less going into next week but I think we'll be just fine,"

The offense seems to be rolling and clicking and running back Kyle Staley is getting the national attention he deserves. Having ran for over 600 yards on the year, he's among the top in that category in the entire country. But it was only this week that ESPN declared him a impact player.

"It's great to be in a program where you've got to compete for your job throughout your upper-class years like I did last year with Travis to decide to stick it out and receive the recognition I have. I love where I am and I love how often I'm getting the ball. I don't try to do anything special and I don't really break off runs that would make you think I'm that great - but my YPC average is always high and I always ALWAYS gain those extra three yards after contact," Staley had to say about the recognition.

Staley was a large part of the Cowboys success moving the ball in the first half, but was sidelined with small nagging injuries preventing him from receiving more carries. Back up true freshman, Larry Bell took the liberty of carrying the ball and put up a score himself this week. Bell is looking like much like his upperclass counter-part and the two have developed a close bond over the past year.

"Kyle's a great player. To say I'm running the ball like him is a true compliment. He's like an older brother to me on and off the field and any time neither of us are on the field we're always together talking about ways to move, cut and beat the opposing team,"

Traevon Pierce had a good game, was shaky at times throwing an interception but managed the game well and called the plays that eventually won them the game. Great clock management and play-calling in the fourth-quarter by Coach Macc preserved the win and the Cowboys refused to let the game be tied after the Buffaloes scored and went for the two-point conversion for the would-be tie.

"We've yet to give up a two-point conversion since I've been around and I don't plan on letting that change anytime soon. Cowboy faithful got an idea last year against Cal about how confident I am with our uprights in our shadow and we just simply refuse to give easy plays up,"

Mike Matthews continued his brilliant Sophmore campaign with over 100 yards of offense and two touchdowns increasing his nation leading ammount to 10. Matthews was a critical peice in the offence this afternoon catching the ball for clutch third and long situations countless times that moved the chains for the Cowboys.

"It's obvious we've got a play maker in Mike. I could sit here and talk about how good he is all week but he continues to get better and better and do new things on the field we were unaware he could do. It only improves our gameplan and gives us more options for when our backs to the wall. I think it was a 3rd and 18 where we seemed to have no hope converting, Trae got smoked as he released the in-pattern pass and Mike caught it just short but his massive frame dragged defenders along with him and he wouldn't be denied the first,"

Coach Macc's Cowboys get ready to head to Texas A&M to take on the Aggies in a battle that will undoubtedly have a huge impact on the Big 12 standings this year. Coach Macc just hopes JStrouse keeps playing MW2.
MaccMane24
MaccMane24
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post  axspecialk Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:39 pm

ok so i have been absent from the forums cause i have been stupid busy traveling n stuff. but umm maac i have a dynasty going with one of the dotts in n about 7 other strong users if u wanna join back into that ill tell u what tho gettin a dynasty that was as active as this one with the forums n all is almost impossible. since i started mine i have had alot of drops and inconsistent ppl so idk just an idea . also send me the link to ur dynasty again. ill join up. but if u wanna combine our efforts im up for that 2. Are u gonna start from the begining with like tebow and those guys in it? cause i really dont wanna play with those guys like all over again. the fun for me is in building teams n watching the power houses change i really dont wanna see jaquri harris and tp n jahved best ne more lol so maybe we take this dynasty pick new teams or something? or i have another dynasty i was in it was just me n my bro we are like 5 seasons in that way its like a whole new league. idk just suggestions. lemme kno what u think. n send me the link to ur dynasty again..
axspecialk
axspecialk
2nd String
2nd String

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down