CFBO Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 3

+2
edwvu76
gameface1324
6 posters

Go down

Week 3 Empty Week 3

Post  gameface1324 Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:43 pm

Is up
gameface1324
gameface1324
Admin

https://cfbo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Week 3 Empty Re: Week 3

Post  edwvu76 Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:53 pm

I'll get my game in when I get off work tomorrow, I am going to the WVU game Saturday, but I'll be back Saturday night if you advance.
edwvu76
edwvu76
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post  gameface1324 Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:29 am

We will have a Fri advance then not until sunday night

I have free tix to WVu game if I want em... dont really wanna spend money on the long ass drive up tho
gameface1324
gameface1324
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  axspecialk Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:46 am

u kno what this is a year let the young guys grow. lost game two in a thirller type fashion probably would have sent it into over time but time expired as i was rushin to the line i wanna say on his 5 after my wr almost broke and made it into the end zone. i recovered and onside kick. it was a great game no complaints was up 14 then got behind. lost my starting qb for 2 quarters had to force the freshman back on the field. back up came in and threw a pic after a huge defensive stop. also towards the end of the game on the goal line i force a 4th down then get called for facemask n its 1st n gl. i need a running game and bad but i dont have ne real good backs. well now im playing for the pac 10 and an at large bid maybe lol good luck to everyone this season nc shot for cal gone in 2 weeks. n next week michigan on the road again. my schedule just didnt add up for such a young team. nexy year tho its gonna be a real good look. sad im already talking about next year after week 2 Sad lol
axspecialk
axspecialk
2nd String
2nd String

Back to top Go down

Post  MaccMane24 Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:16 am

#25 Oklahoma State - 43 #5 Penn State - 27

After a tough loss to the Ole Miss Rebels in Week One, Coach Macc and his Cowboy troops went back to the drawing board in preperation for week two, their toughest opponent on paper... the Penn State Nittany Lions.

The game was a must-win in Coach Macc's opinion because he wanted his guys to have some focus going into what will be a tough match-up with the West Virginia Mountaineers next week. Penn State's elite offense came out firing in the first half, eventually ending with a three point advantage but Coach Macc's brilliant half-time adjustments kept not only the Lions out of the endzone, but off the scoreboard the entire second half.

"It was a great game, truly great. One of the best I've ever been involved in. We were challenged but we weren't uncomfortable. It was minor mistakes made in play calling that lead to big plays for touchdowns and field position. A few mistakes like on the ensuing kick off a facemask penalty that gave them good field position... I expect my guys to make mistakes. But to come out in the second half like we did, not commit a single foul and keep them off the score-board... it was brilliant,"

Traevon Pierce was a bit shaky but ended the day throwing three touchdown passes and four picks throwing 12/20 and for 294 yards, spreading the ball around the entire field keeping the Nittany Lions on their heels.

"We knew they'd be double-covering Adrian after last weeks preformance and sure enough they kept him out of the endzone... which is quite the task. We were more than happy to throw the ball Mike's way and boy did he come through for us,"

Mike Matthews, a Texas native and recent Junior College Sophmore transfer is having a huge impact on the team on and off the field. He's added to the teams allready strong chemistry and creates mismatch problems for any defense with his 6'5 height and his 4.3 40-time speed. He's become one of starting QB Traevon Pierce's favourite targets lately and had a monster game putting up 194 yards on 8 catches and grabbing a touchdown, as well.

"It's a great team we've got here. I knew the minute I was offered a scholarship last year that I would come here and it's worked out brilliant. Coach Macc is a great inspiration and his second half adjustments are as good as any in the country. Trae had a great game, all of the picks he threw were forced and it was a matter of him just trying to move the ball. Our defense played great, can't expect more than a second-half shut out, man it was a great win,"

The defence came through in the clutch forcing punts with precision timing, putting the ball in the hands of their offence every-time that Penn State seemed like they would threaten. True Freshman nickle-package cornerback Ryan Smith has been playing like a senior and had three tackles for loss on the day including an incredible sack where he came through on a designed pass blitz and smoked opposing quarterback, keeping him out the rest of the game.

"It's great we've got guys in their first year of our program who are stepping up like they've been around for years. I couldn't be happier with Ryan's play and it's a no-brainer he'll be our #3 corner for the rest of the year, undoubtedly. The entire coaching staff was very high on him last year and we're just glad he's living up to the potential and the Cowboy faithful now see why. That was a designed pass blitz that we've been working on and it freezes quarterbacks because he's normally a cover-corner whose man coverage skills are second to none. So just when a QB thinks he's comfortable and has time to look through his reads, there he comes flashing through and delivering punishment,"

Another unlikely source for offense was the team's #3 receiver and punt/kick returner Isaiah Anderson. Anderson was named player of the game with 243 yards of total offense, 62 yards of that coming on the very first offensive drive for the Cowboys, Anderson went streaking across the field and burned all Penn State defenders down the sideline. He also put up a kick-return touchdown after a defensive meltdown, giving the Cowboys tons of momentum.

"He's a great quiet player. He comes to work everyday and always asks how he can improve, if he's doing okay. He's one of our leaders on the field and a great kid. It's no wonder he had a huge game with all the hard work he's put in this week and this season,"
MaccMane24
MaccMane24
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post  DMT1809 Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:16 pm

Lost a tough one to Strouse 35-14. The game started and his WR beat my pess coverage with the SS in the box and he got a quick TD 50 seconds in. I couldn't do much at all in the passing game. My OL was just struggling to pass protect, a few times I held the ball way to long, but some it was like right off the bat BAM my QB was down. At th half I new I needed to switch things up because my pass game wasn't working so I switched to a more run oriented style with my power back to abuse his 4-2-5. That worked as I had a good long drive that got a TD. I threw a few picks which really hurt me and my defense made a bunch of plays but at the wrong times. I'm loving my DL they continue to get sacks and the 3-4 is looking good but he mainly used 3 and 4 WR sets and when you have 2 Freshman corners as your 2nd and nickel backs, you're gonna see some growing pains. I gave up a few big plays, missed a couple of passes (still need to get adjusted to the throwing sliders) and have to work on my nickel formation defense. It was closer than last yr's 56-14 killing. I'm mad I lost but this game showed me what I need to work on before the game against Cal in bout a month or so. Still have a shot at the National Title if I win out and get some breaks. Loving my OL for the running game and my young defense is getting faster, every position isn't upgraded speed wise yet, but we're getting there. Great game strouse!!! Maybe I'll see you in a BCS Bowl!! farao
DMT1809
DMT1809
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  JStrouse05 Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:17 pm

Yeah, it was a solid game. You had quite a few bad breaks, the biggest one was when you were down 7 i think and ur Saftey had a pick, then fumbled... The next play for me was a 40 yard bomb to my Senior WR McNeal. A few plays here and there and the game could've changed a lot. All in all not as skewed as the score showed. Your team def looks better than last year, especially with the ground game. Good luck the rest of the year man.
JStrouse05
JStrouse05
Red-Shirt
Red-Shirt

Back to top Go down

Post  gameface1324 Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:24 pm

All Bark(sdale), With Bite
-Oxford, MS

When #2 Oklahoma came into town, coach GF1324 was worried about his teams chances, even at the #14 hardest place to play in the country. "Our fans are big, dont get me wrong. But those Sooners, they play in front of that every Saturday," he said before the game.

When star HB Enrique Davis went down for the 2nd time in the 2nd Quarter, and didn't come back in, many figured the Rebels, ranked #6, would roll over and play dead. Little did they know, they had some bite left, by way of the Bark.

Ole Miss had took an early 14-0 lead off of 2 TD passes to All-American TE Epperson, one 15 and one 56 yards. But Oklahoma would answer with 2 more straight TDs of their own, a 46 yard run by star HB J Calhoun, and a 9 yard pass to Calhoun on 3rd down. That would be the score at halftime. Oklahoma went into the locker room with all the momentum.

Tied 14-14 early in the 3rd quarter, the Rebels looked for a spark. They got it. Dave Barksdale ran the first play of the 2nd half for a 73 yard TD. The following Ole Miss possession, after a missed OU FG, Barskdale again took the snap out of the Wild Rebel formation, and ran it for a 63 yard TD, breaking 2 tackles in the process.

After running for over 100 yards in the first half, Calhoun was shut down in the 2nd half by the vaunted Ole Miss D, led by Senior DT Justin Smith who recorded 9 tackles, 4 for a loss.

The 4th quarter would only show one score, an OU TD pass with around 3 min to go. Ole Miss punted, then down 7, Oklahoma was driving when the Rebels forced a fumble and recovered, their 3rd turnover of the game, to seal the deal.

Barksdale ended up running for 187 yards on 15 carries and the 2 TDs. Star QB Blake Harrell had a mediocre game, throwing 2 picks and 2 TDs, and only getting 220 yards.

Final Score
Ole Miss 28
Oklahoma 21
gameface1324
gameface1324
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down