CFBO Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 10

3 posters

Go down

Week 10 Empty Week 10

Post  gameface1324 Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:19 pm

Is up.

Reminder sent via PSN guys, you only get to sign the # of seniors you have leaving +4. Your limits are posted in the sticky on the recruiting forum.

Its time to start watching, you DONT want to oversign.

Game of the Week:
#20 Okla St vs #5 Texas
#9 TAMU vs #18 OU
gameface1324
gameface1324
Admin

https://cfbo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Week 10 Empty Re: Week 10

Post  MaccMane24 Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:25 pm

Huge week for the Cowboys.

Coming off a tough loss to in state enemy, Oklahoma the OK State Cowboys rallied to pull out a victory over #5 Texas at home.

The Cowboys were being physically dominated throughout the first half with injuries to key offensive players QB Brandon Weeden and WR Adrian Richards. Weeden is out for 7 weeks and may be eligible to play in the Bowl Series. As for Richards, he took a quarter off and came back to help the Cowboys mainly on third down.

"Games are won in the forth quarter. I stress and I stress and I stress about how important winning the 2nd and 4th quarter are. We didn't allow a single point in the 4th quarter and put the pressure on with a 3 point lead that lead to an interception that Chris ran back, from there we forced Texas to a 4 and out and moved the ball better in the 4th quarter than any time I've seen us move it all year," Coach Macc said.

Freshman Corner Chris Reed whose main duties include in man coverage in the dime package took two picks back to the house on the day, his first career touchdowns. Strong play jamming the slot receivers for the Longhorns, Reed knew Wes Brown favoured his slot positions specially on the out-slant routes. Chris hopped the routes on two seperate occasions and used his speed to get down the field.

After starting QB Brandon Weeden started the game 1 for 6, he was sidelined in the first quarter after throwing a pick. Turns out he's out for the majority of the season with back spasms. When he went down, everyone looked to true Freshman Traevon Pierce. Pierce rallied all of the troops and had his entire offence off to the side when the defense was on, talking, working and trying to figure out this Longhorn defence. After three quarters, they were in cruise control and the Longhorns just couldn't stop them.

"I just tried to keep it simple. Lots of passes to our backs, short slants... not too much deep stuff even when we were down two scores. I've got confidence in my arm I just wanted to make sure we were getting past the sticks to keep the ball in our hands. The injury to Brandon is unfortunate but I'm more than willing to step up and try to help this team make some plays," said Pierce.

Although the injury to senior Weeden is untimely, Coach Macc insists that he has full confidence in Pierce.

"To be perfectly honest I did not realize the leadership and effort Traevon puts forward until this week. I didn't need to say anything to the offence. He had his O-Line sitting with him and his receivers talking about routes they think will work. He truly managed this game and lead us to victory. It was brilliant, he had his guys sitting down and he was screaming at the top of his lungs 'THESE GUYS CAN'T STOP US'. It's leaders like that our team needs," said Coach Macc.

The third quarter was a bit blank for the Cowboys. They couldn't seem to move the ball or move the chains on third down. They went into the half tied 14-14 but it was obvious the score was misleading. A Texas touchdown over the middle brought the spirits down and seemed like Texas was in cruise control. Coach Macc sat with his defence and motivated them to come out as hard as they could in the 4th and they did. Not allowing a single third down conversion and not allowing the Longhorns within their side of the 50.

"When we took the lead after Travis caught his 2nd TD on the day, everybody was confident. A couple stops later we drove the ball down the field and Toben ran one in and that gave us a 10 point lead. Everybody was feeling the confidence and our team looked like they had the Longhorns exactly where they wanted them. On the very next play the defence went out motivated to shut them down, the minute the ball was in the air the sideline screamed ball, Chris looks up and it's right in his hands. When he picks you off, nobody in the COUNTRY will catch him. Game over,"

The Cowboys had a huge week rallying back from a tough loss against Oklahoma. In recruiting news they've got hard commits from the countries best quarterback, Robbie McIntyre a dual threat QB who ESPN rates #1. They also received a commitment from MLB Brannon McIntyre (no relation) who will come into next year and defenitely see time due to the Cowboys new 3-4 defensive system.

"I talked to Bran throughout the week and he told me he loved what he saw the past couple weeks. His highschool runs a 3-4 system and he feels most comfortable with that. He said when he heard we made that adjustment, screw Mizzou! I'm a Cowboy! I couldn't contain myself when I heard he committed, I jumped for joy because we've all kept a close eye on this kid all year and he will be a huge playmaker for us next year. As for Robbie, I had a feeling he would be coming over to us. It's really important to him to start at least three years and I've told his father that he'll need to compete for the job. Unfortunately this week one of his upper-classmen next year really stepped up. Unfortunately for Trae, Robbie's got some speed on him. He's the perfect prototype for our system so we'll have to see what happens in the spring. Also keep your eye on #3 ranked Mike Hill. Kids huge and has great hands. His high school state championship is this week so keep your eye out for him and GO COWBOYS!"
MaccMane24
MaccMane24
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post  DMT1809 Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:13 pm

"I think we've found our passing game". Those were the first words out of Coach Thompson's mouth as the Huskies offense lit up the Oregon Ducks. In his first career start the backup QB Leonard (don't know the first name off the top of my head lol) had a shaky start as he threw 2 bad picks. One was a floater under pressure and the other the LB jumped the route. He was 13-16 180 yds 0 TD and 2 INT at that point but they kept throwing the ball. "It was either he was gona win us the game or lose it horribly..either way I needed to see more out of our passing". He finished the day with over 340 yds passing and 4TD's after those two picks. Vince Taylor had a breakthrough game grabbing 11 balls for 128 yds and a TD. Super Soph Mike Davis was held to under 50 yds on the ground and for some reason did not see anytime in the 2nd half. He did have a 1st half TD though. Defensive Coordinator J. Scott was looking to stop that option attack and the defense came through holding the Ducks to barely over 100 yds and their passing game was inept as well as they had 0TD's through the air. On the defensive side of the ball Garrett Moody is making a bid for the Freshman All American team and all Pac 10 honors with another 6tkl 2 sack performance. Big game against USC is next..will the Huskies come through?

On a side note is anyone else losing their starting HB in the 3rd or 4th quarters? Without mass subs, injuries or anything? He just isn't in the game no matter how I work my depth chart and I got no shot against SC's defense without the sweeps lol
DMT1809
DMT1809
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down