CFBO Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 10

4 posters

Go down

Week 10 Empty Week 10

Post  edwvu76 Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:15 pm

Armon G. Carter Stadium - Ft. Worth, Texas
TCU 31 Colorado St. 20

Week 10 991A0001_3_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_cPB

Sloppy play by TCU made this game a lot more interesting than it should have been. Two fumbles by backup running back Dean to go along with two fumbles on punts, and a fumble by the TE Brock as he was crossing the goal line, made this a very frustrating day for Coach Ed. QB Dalton threw his mandatory 2 int's, but made up for it with 417 yards and 3 TD's. You can bet your ass that every offensive player will be carrying a ball around to class this week. Terrell was once again fascinating, reeling off 137 yards on 23 carries and a TD. Dean only received 5 carries due to his butter fingers. Senior slot WR Bart Johnson led all receivers with 179 yards on 8 catches and a TD, while TE Brock added 141 on 7 catches and a TD. Once again the young D was only able to come up with one sack and Junior CB Greg McCoy added a int. All in all, not a very pretty day, but a win is a win...had a lot of recruits visiting and was hoping to impress, but not sure if that happened or not. The Rebels of UNLV come in to Fort Worth next week as TCU tries to keep on it's winning ways.
edwvu76
edwvu76
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Week 10 Empty Re: Week 10

Post  DMT1809 Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:24 pm

what's your record on the year? I had like almost my entire board come in for the cal game and it was only an A- for each recruit...forgot to post a recap of that game...gona post what I wrote out for the game against Az State..glad i got my net back on...but everybody how do you do your notes for the recaps? i was goin quarter by quarter at first but that was messin up my rhythm lol now im doin it half by half
DMT1809
DMT1809
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  gameface1324 Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:37 am

Wasnt at the PC when I played, but I beat Tenn by a TD... was a good game, tied at half, couldnt run on them...

It was at Tenn... unless some underdog beats me, I shouldnt be tested again till game with Florida in SEC title game
gameface1324
gameface1324
Admin

https://cfbo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dotts Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:23 am

gameface1324 wrote:Wasnt at the PC when I played, but I beat Tenn by a TD... was a good game, tied at half, couldnt run on them...

It was at Tenn... unless some underdog beats me, I shouldnt be tested again till game with Florida in SEC title game

unless Flordia would have to win out and Georgia would have to lose one game for that to happen since Georgia just beat Flordia last week
dotts
dotts
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post  dotts Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:14 am

The Oracle

Rutgers 13 (5-3) v USF 41 (4-4)

When: Tonight 12 AM ET
Where: Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, FL

Week 10 991A0001_3_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_rpn

USF has been on a roll as of late after losing their first 4 games, winning their last 4 to sit 4-0 in conference play. Mitchell has definitely showed why he is an All-American and the front runner for the Heisman. He finished with 7 Rec 193 Yds 3 TDs (1st TD,2nd TD,3rd TD) along with 3 Rushes for 19 yds. With this game he keeps an avg of 192.2 yds per game and goes over 1500 yds on the season. Even with backup QB Evan Landi for USF getting 2 quarters of playing time as starter Daniels got hurt in the second series of the game. The RS Soph looked good in his first real playing time this season went 5-9 19 yds 1 INT but also had an 11 yard samper he ran in for his first rushing TD of the season. Even with running the spread Ford gets it done again with 20 rushes 134 yds keeping the ball in the hands of the Bulls for most of the game. Although he hasnt put up the same numbers as last year look for him to break the 1000 yd mark before the end of the season. But the offense was not the real reason the Bulls pulled out he victory in the pouring rain in Tampa tonight. It was the defensive line boasting 9 sacks. Jefferson couldn't ever get away from the pressure, as he was hurried an just about every play and hitting the turf on the other. Leading the way for the D-Line was Jaquian Pierre-Paul with 10 Tkls 2 Sacks and 2 TFL. What had to be the play of the game would be Anthony Hill's fumble recovery for a TD late in the game which really put the game out of reach for the Scarlet Knights. After a shaky first series the Bulls bucked down and only allowed 6 points the rest of the game.

With a tough schedule left with Syracuse, @ Cinncy, Uconn, and @ Miami (in which they hope to end their 4 game losing streak on National TV) the Bulls still have 2 more conference games left to win before they clinch the Big East for its second straight BCS Bowl Game.

Offensive Player of the Game USF #2 Carlton Mitchell
Defensive Player of the Game USF #96 Jaquian Pierre-Paul
dotts
dotts
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post  DMT1809 Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:02 pm

"We don't deserve a BCS bid with our late game efforts". Those were the words echoed by Coach Thompson following the Washington Huskies 45-42 victory over the Oregon State Beavers. In the first half the Defense looked like 11 All Americans were on the field as halfway through the second quarter the Beavers had 0 first downs and 0 yards of offense. The Huskies offense was efficient as they were able to get big runs to the outside and Pierre Smith threw it at all...then the second half started and it seemed they were in shut off mode. Jacquizz Rodgers abused the Huskies on special teams with over 450 total yards...a 95 KO return and an 82 yd punt return...the secondary for the Huskies was anonymous as usual as the OSU QB had 3 TD 1 INT and over 300 yds passing (I think..doing it off the top of my head). In the second half OSU's second ranked defense stepped up forcing Pierre SMith into two dumb interceptions and bottled up the running game for the most part. A back and forth game the entire second half but the Huskies prevailed with a clutch TD drive and a key sack on fourth down on the last drive. The Huskies are now 7-1 (4-0) play but Coach Thompson is nervous about his defense. Next up is...I think Arizona lol

Players of the game:
Washington:
My safeties made big plays against the run...not much in coverage but the running game was stuffed...big props to them.

Or St:
Quizz Rodgers: didn't run it that good but those 2 special teams Td's and all that extra field position he got em made me scream wtf lol awesome performance by him tho

But on a side note I seriously have no idea why we are collapsing late in the game lol happened against Cal too...shaky defense is not the way to sneak into the BCS Title game...FLorida lost? Hell yeah I'm climbing the polls!!!!! bounce cyclops
DMT1809
DMT1809
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  gameface1324 Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:25 pm

Some games the AI goes crazy in comeback mode
gameface1324
gameface1324
Admin

https://cfbo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DMT1809 Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:03 pm

yeah I had that happen against UCLA offline once..but idk I start these games out on fire then...it just slips away...a part of it is me forcing it with my frosh QB to get him some All Pac 10 honors lol but the defense is getting beat in ways that we didn't last year...and it's pretty much the same D except for a frosh SS who is a beast on the run and two DE's one of which is averaging a sack a game lol..it's my corners who I predicted to be 1st team pac 10 guys getting beat lol
DMT1809
DMT1809
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  dotts Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:51 pm

DMT1809 wrote:yeah I had that happen against UCLA offline once..but idk I start these games out on fire then...it just slips away...a part of it is me forcing it with my frosh QB to get him some All Pac 10 honors lol but the defense is getting beat in ways that we didn't last year...and it's pretty much the same D except for a frosh SS who is a beast on the run and two DE's one of which is averaging a sack a game lol..it's my corners who I predicted to be 1st team pac 10 guys getting beat lol

Yea thats happened to my bro and me this year, where we would have a comfortable lead and then it gets blown by the AI. In my madden franchise i got so pissed that i couldnt stop them i said screw it and autosimed the defensive plays guess what...they didnt score the rest of the game (i started in the fourth quarter was 21-0 me, half way through the 3rd when shit started hitting the fan, it ended 21-24, i threw a pick in OT for a TD), it almost seems that if you have a big lead and want to keep it its better to just let the CPU take control. You do lose that big play factor where you could force a INT or a fumble, or big sack but i also found the AI doesnt act retarded and just let the other team comeback.

Now granted this is with madden and not NCAA but i would assume that the same principle would apply that if you have a big lead and want to protect it, you might just want to auto sim the defense or at least some plays until you get like a 3rd and Long.
dotts
dotts
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down