CFBO Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 5

+2
DMT1809
gameface1324
6 posters

Go down

Week 5 Empty Week 5

Post  gameface1324 Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:10 am

Up. Ed has retired so down to 10 teams
gameface1324
gameface1324
Admin

https://cfbo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Week 5 Empty Re: Week 5

Post  gameface1324 Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:00 am

Hog-Tied!

When Ole Miss lost their star HB in hte first game of the season for 5 games with cracked ribs, many felt the wheels would fall off the Rebels bandwagon. 3 straight national championship losses had the fans ready for that elusive win. Many felt that with the departure of 3 year stud HB Brandon Bolden, along with a sophomore QB and young D, this would be a rebuilding year for Ole Miss. Enrique Davis was supposed to be that player to step in and take on a role of leader, and let his patience pay off in his senior season. But he may be fighting for a starting spot when he comes back from injury.

Darius Barksdale followed last weeks 173 yard rushing 128 yard rec performance today with a school record 259 yards on the ground and 5 TDs, and added 56 yards receiving. The Ole Miss Rebels (#3) beat the Arkansas Razorbacks by a score of 52-17.

Sophomore QB Blake Harrell, despite missing his top 2 WRs who were out with injury along with Davis, threw for 335 yards and 2 more TDs, while junior James Logan caught 5 passes for 170 yards, many off play action passes set up by the strong running from Barksdale.

The Rebels move to 4-0 on the young season, and are staring down a 4th straight SEC title and national title game. Next week standing in their way is 3-0 TCU, followed by 3-1 Alabama on the road.
gameface1324
gameface1324
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DMT1809 Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:21 pm

damn ed sad to see you go man Sad

"I don't care how young we are on defense we need to make plays!!". These were the words echoing around the conference center after the Washington Huskies edged out Arizona State 28-21. In a very important recruiting week with some of the top players visiting the Huskies gave a very lackluster performance. The passing game was off rhythm all game, mainly because 5th year Senior QB Leonard missed 4 wide open receivers and they also dropped a few key passes. He was only 13-26 and if there was any incentive for the #1 QB recruit to come to Spokane that performance was it. The running game was very strong as Brandon Davis continues his All Pac 10 effort with over 100 yards on the ground and a pair of scores. Super Freshman Receiver Cummings had one major catch for 55 yards as he stretched the field, but was hurt for the rest of the game with a bruised shoulder. "I didn't want to risk any further injury since we have Oregon next week, but the way we played I should have kept him in. The O line did a good job as we didn't give up any sacks for probably the first time since I've been here".

The Huskies defense was out of sorts the entire game. Still adjusting to the 3-4 the linebackers were beat on a few key plays and there were missed tackles throughout areas of the secondary. The freshman corners gave up a lot of big plays but safeties Jason Bowling and AJ Wise picks up the slack with 18 total tackles. "Jason has really surprised us with his ability to get to the ball quickly. He was only rated a 2* prospect out of high school but we have coached him up and he is a monster in the film room". Clearly the Huskies need to figure out two things, either get a QB who won't miss wide open receivers in shoot outs or stick to the running game that got them two 12-1 seasons at the start of this coaching era. Next up is a tough game at home against Chip Kelly and the Oregon Ducks. The spread option attack will keep their defense guessing but if the linebackers can stay in their lines and not give up the big play the Huskies hsould come up with a W. A big defensive effort will go a long way with the star studded line up of defensive recruits they have on official visits for the weekend. ESPN Radio's College Game Day will also be on hand to enjoy the rowdiness of the Huskie faithful.

* On a side note why ed quit? are we keepin it at 10 or are you gona look for 2 more people? How good is Bama? You think you gona have trouble with them on the road? I don't really see much of an effect besides audibles when I'm on the road, but if I get this freshman QB next year it's gona be rough in Autzen Stadium. Only thing stopping me from a pac 10 championship is Cal and my up and down offense!!!! lmao Razz
DMT1809
DMT1809
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  MaccMane24 Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:22 pm

OOC - I'm really feeling these sliders now, good call Clark. It's a tough game no matter who your opponent is, to continue to move the ball throughout the game you HAVE to set-up plays and use similar formations to keep them guessing. It's almost like playing against a user, which is well-needed practice.

-----

Oklahoma State 45 Iowa State 21

The Macc coached OK State Cowboys opened their Big 12 play in style, taking a must-win at home over in conference opponnent Iowa State. For the better part of the game, State's defence kept the pressure on Iowa State's quarterback the entire day throwing different flash blitzed, a lot more than the Cowboy faithful have become used to in Macc's coaching philosophy.

"In this league, you must pressure quarterbacks. Some of these kids will complete passes if they've got enough time to find a window if you drop 9 back - so we've decided as a coaching staff we're at our best on D when we keep our pressure up and our opponent's on their heels,"

The pressure didn't exactly bring out what extra pressure would, normally - influx in sacks and TFL but it sure kept the Iowa State QB from finding his groove. On the other hand, Traevon Pierce had another brilliant day on the gridiron not commiting a single turnover for the second week, straight. Pierce threw 10 for 17 for 213 yards with a 4 touchdown preformance.

"I'm not trying to do anything different. I've been told to stay in the pocket more often and keep my eyes down field. I've been watching film on my spare time and agree the more I'm in the pocket, the more it gives defences fits. I've really underestimated our O-Line, I feel they're the most underrated group in the country,"

The team insists that their 5-star protege quarterback Robbie McIntyre is still a big part of the offense. McIntyre got quite a bit of time throughout the game, mostly in goalline packages that will defer defences into thinking he'll take off with his feet. Robbie's proven if you give him room, he'll make it past the line to move the sticks and proved against I State that if you over pursue the run, he'll hit targets in the endzone. McIntyre hit Adrian Richards for his only score of the day that put the Cowboys up by double digits in the fourth quarter.

"At first, I wanted my career to be a four-year starter for an up and coming program. From what Coach Macc's told me, I'll have plenty of time to show what I can do. I'm comfortable with my position in this offence - when I'm called up I'm expected to give it 110% and do whatever it takes to get first downs. It's tough for a quarterback to come in at the age of 18 and be expected to be the main play-caller and offensive catalyst. In this spot, I get my time I get to do what I love to do and I'm not in the center spot-light, I leave that up to Trae and as you've seen he's more than willing to accept responsibility anytime this team wins or loses," Robbie told cameras.

Kyle Staley had one of his most impressive days on the ground this afternoon, running the ball 28 times for 124 yards and one score the Cowboys first on a perfectly executed drive using play-action to freeze defences and sneaking a run in the same packages as passing plays to catapult Staley for those extra few yards.

"He's a pin-ball. He turns 4 or 5 yard gains into first downs or 10+ yarders. He's a great kid whose willing to put in work every day. We'll be giving him some time off next week after getting banged up like he did today. He's proven to us when we give him the ball we need not worry,"

Mike Matthews is continuing to be a force in the Big 12 giving secondaries fits. Today he recorded his season-high four touchdown preformance on only five catches.

"Usually to get four touchdowns you've gotta put up 10 or more catches. Today I was either wide open or had single coverage and we've seen the kind of arm Trae has - you let him set up and toss, it's going to be right in my arms on stride... everytime," Matthews said.

Matthews now leads the country with 8 touchdown receptions and only looks to add more to that total. He's destined on the WR of the Year award in his very first year in the league and he feels all of the credit is owed to Coach Macc who was one of only few coaches who saw the talent in Matthews.

"He's a playmaker and we knew he would be the minute he stepped on campus. Defences continue to favour Adrian so we use that to our advantage. We often keep them seperated on opposing sides of the field so we give Trae a minute to look and decide who it is they're going to focus on. Either one will burn you so you've got to pick one and hope Trae doesn't have time to load and fire,"
MaccMane24
MaccMane24
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post  DMT1809 Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:28 pm

Good win Mac! I'm seeing that I'm more focused on freshman WR too. He just stretches the field easily and even though it's mostly on long bombs he can still go up and grab it. My main 2 starters get the ball too but not as much as in previous yrs. Also the passing game is still taking some time for me to get used to lol i had 3 or 4 wide open passes where all i did was press the button for a bullet pass and he missed em by like 3 feet...maybe i gota use the analog a little more when directing?? any tips fellas?
DMT1809
DMT1809
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  sharkys66 Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:48 pm

Hey I have a big test first thing tomorrow, I'll get my game in as soon as I'm done.

sharkys66
Red-Shirt
Red-Shirt

Back to top Go down

Post  MaccMane24 Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:40 pm

DMT1809 wrote:Good win Mac! I'm seeing that I'm more focused on freshman WR too. He just stretches the field easily and even though it's mostly on long bombs he can still go up and grab it. My main 2 starters get the ball too but not as much as in previous yrs. Also the passing game is still taking some time for me to get used to lol i had 3 or 4 wide open passes where all i did was press the button for a bullet pass and he missed em by like 3 feet...maybe i gota use the analog a little more when directing?? any tips fellas?

Yeah, defenitely. You should always use the left stick to direct the pass that will in real life sense throw "through the window". If you've got a guy in single coverage going deep, usually I'll be pressing straight up on the left stick and obviously if you've got a step on the corner/safety you just barely tap it so the quarterback heaves it upwards. On slants and middle field patterns, you'll want to hit him on the inside shoulder accordingly.

I've noticed they've changed some of the angles especially when CPU is playing zone D, you'll find yourself throwing to the opposite shoulder I would normally, instead of throwing to the way he's running lead him the opposite way in coverage I dunno it's hard to explain in words.

Also, when you throw a bomb, do you control the receiver and manually catch it? I've almost never dropped a pass I've taken a good angle with my WR on. I've noticed "user catch" also applies to the directional theory if you've thrown the ball far deep and up, when you go to catch it with your WR also be holding the directional button upwards, whatever direction you lead your receiver (Left Slot comes on a slant, lead him rightwards and when you take control, catch the ball rightwards)

Hope I could've been some help. I've always been a fan of user catch and this year they finally got it right. If you need some practice doing this run a Road To Glory with a WR. It's fun until you get jewed out of big conference games lol. The key is just getting to the yellow circle ball indicator, if you're in there you'll almost always catch it depending on your WRs ratings.
MaccMane24
MaccMane24
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post  DMT1809 Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:35 pm

yeah thanks for the tips and i get what you mean about throwing to the opposite shoulder, i guess im just used to leading the recievers...on bombs i normally do the manual switch but on other routes i let the cpu do it...ill work on it and switch it up to fine tune my passing game Very Happy awesome tips mac!!!!
DMT1809
DMT1809
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  MaccMane24 Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:12 am

Usually for any straight, low, fastball type throw I'll let the CPU manually catch the ball as well. It's only on the high loft tosses that I'll user catch. Long bombs, even corner routes I've found you'll get to the ball much easier/often than the CPU would when leading receivers. Good luck and use your team practice to your advantage. It will give you the exact team you use in our OD and you can chose the coverages you want to practice against so if you're having trouble with zone or bump and run man etc. etc. Good luck!
MaccMane24
MaccMane24
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post  gameface1324 Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:52 am

Thats fine sharky, COD is out now so we will be starting to advance a little slower at times.

Every 2 days max of course, and if you someone is the last one to play then try to get it in asap, but Im not gonna pressure ppl to play every 24 hours now.
gameface1324
gameface1324
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DMT1809 Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:24 pm

oh ok so i dont gotta worry bout gettn games in rite after work every day then lol im only played COD maybe once or twice...never really got into FPS games besides Halo, Left 4 Dead and Duke Nukem lol might get it tho...need to get my mic lol the one i got from ebay may come anytime between today and the 30th lol so gona get one from eb or gamestop lol
DMT1809
DMT1809
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  dotts Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:30 pm

usf is this years iowa that is all

also my bro is on midterms this week so if you play him bear with us because he has alot of papers and tests this week
dotts
dotts
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post  axspecialk Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:34 pm

aww we gonna slo down 2 49 hrs cause of call of duty? lol i dont even like fps! Sad
axspecialk
axspecialk
2nd String
2nd String

Back to top Go down

Post  MaccMane24 Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:43 pm

lol I had to do what it took to get my hands on it today. I'm still getting used to it but it's defenitely well worth it.
MaccMane24
MaccMane24
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down