Week 2

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Week 2

Post  MaccMane24 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:50 am

I appreciate the way things were handled the second time around Clark, all I asked was for a little respect. You may have mistaken the way I intended to say "SINCE WHEN" because I had a big smile on my face the entire game, I was actually having fun. I assumed you were to seeing as you were up by 21 at smoe points.

Spesh, my bad man I was frustrated with being admonished in public at the time and I shouldn't have said that. You've been straight with me the entire time I've been here I shouldn't have sent that, my bad.
MaccMane24
Starter
Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  axspecialk on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:34 am

ya i posted day before yesterday that we planned to play it last night cause he said he was outta town. So im here im free during the day like all day i work nights n weekends.. so whenever he is free we can get it done.
axspecialk
2nd String
2nd String

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gameface1324 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:35 am

All Im trying to do man. Ill always be straight with people, I dont talk about anyone behind anyones back, I will be up front to anyones face. I may come off as harsh sometimes, but I like to think Im fair. I treat everyone equally, including myself. If Im doing something that anyone thinks is cheesy, then by all means call me out on it. I wouldnt do it intentionally, so Id prob need ot be told and have it pointed out so I realize it.

Lets all move on from this, should be a very competitive season.
gameface1324
Admin

View user profile http://cfbo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gameface1324 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:38 am

axspecialk wrote:ya i posted day before yesterday that we planned to play it last night cause he said he was outta town. So im here im free during the day like all day i work nights n weekends.. so whenever he is free we can get it done.

oh ok I must have missed it with all this other mess. Keep me updated ax, if you dont hear from him today (I will talk to his brother as well) then I can always put him on auto if needed.

But the game needs to be played by tonight, and not late.
gameface1324
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MaccMane24 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:27 pm

gameface1324 wrote: Lets all move on from this, should be a very competitive season.

In closing, I forgot to mention that I'll be practicing offline to try and improve my in the pocket passing. Alot of the time I rolled out was because you were controlling a D-Lineman and I've been bruised and beaten in recent memory when people manually control linemen, if you noticed I always ran away from where I thought the pressure was coming from. Is that still cheese? Personally, I think that's realistic. Any coach would tell their QB to try and avoid the playmaker on defence and obviously in this game it could be any position player who the user is controlling.

When I subbed my mobile quarterback Robbie McIntyre in, I played to his advantage, he's got quick feet. I used him like how I feel the Philly Eagles should use Mike Vick. Rolling out and running around, making plays with his feet and arm. I now realize how improving passing lanes is considered cheese - it never really occured to me. It makes sense now it's sort of just a habit in this game. I'm used to playing a specific way, audbiling on defence in certain situations so I can't say it'll never happen again I guess I just need to work on playing more realistically.

I appreciate the more recents reponses - I don't want to be a cheese player and I want everyone to know this. I love this dynasty and all of the users in it. Everyone adds a cool feature and I've never been involved in an OD that's lasted so long. I'd rather revamp my style of play and have a losing season getting used to it than be considered a cheeser by all of you and have an average season.

Now moved on.
MaccMane24
Starter
Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gameface1324 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:35 pm

Its hard to stand in the pocket, its something I need to improve on myself. I dont roll out alot, but I do tend to backpedal some, not cheese worthy, but it costs me by throwing off my back foot alot, and I get sacked by outside speed DE rushes when I dont step up
gameface1324
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gameface1324 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:42 pm

Also, we should all chime in if we can improve someone else game. Like, Mac take what I said about manually controlling your safeties and work on it. You were very predictable. I guess you were playing cover 2, and using the left safety and pulling him into the box. I would just throw to the man coverage on the left side after the WR got off the bump and he was wide open all the time. If you are gonna pull the safety out of position (he is supoposed to be over the top help there) then dont use bump coverage of you will get toasted.

Play to the design of the Def play... if you wanna manually spy the HB, use the player who is guarding him in man coverage. Or use a play with a designed Spy.

And on offense, like I siad dont use your impact player every play. All I had to do was try to either double cover him (tho double cover is a joke in this game) or at least I would pass commit and set it to focus him. If I didnt have the huge lead and play vanilla dime D, I could have shut him out somewhat

Hope that helps some.
gameface1324
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dotts on Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:55 pm

edwvu76 wrote:Got a quick question about running with the QB...I hate more than anything people who run around just to find passing lanes, but if someone drops everyone into coverage, and everyone is covered, is there a problem with running with the QB? I'm not talking about calling a pass and immediately rolling out and running with it, I'm just talking about everyone being covered and you not really having much choice to run with the qb...that's ok isn't it?

basically the game we had against each other last year was the prime example on how to run with the qb there were times i dropped people back you saw the opening and took it, same with me its about playing smart...hell there was a play against flordia st where i was on the 12 and dropped back to pass, fl st dropped to a cover 2 man and having the d line rush out, endless to say a hole the size of texas to the end line opened up after my hb came out of the backfield taking the mlb with him and i just took off.

Now you dont have to be tim tebow to have that much running room hell i could have done that shit with my kicker.
dotts
Starter
Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dotts on Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:08 pm

longhorn8005 wrote:Option plays are glitches. Not saying people should stop running the option, but using it in unrealistic situations definitely gives the opponent an advantage.

Have you watched teams when they run the option alot of teams do it on 3rd and long (just like the screen play) because if somebody fucks up its a big gain maybe more (like your 60 TD), its not a glitch either just learn to cover the pitch man as well, people pitch the ball while getting hit, it happens thats why its in the game. You just have to make sure if you are gunning for the qb that somebody is taking care of the pitch man...I use the play the pitch man gameplan so the cpu goes for the pitch man and i can go for the qb, helps alot especially against the wildcat if you ever play clark
dotts
Starter
Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gameface1324 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:36 pm

Nigga I dont even run the WC often Razz And its def not an option either so you FAIL!

I havent really used option much on this game, cept the couple times I played with GT in Longhorns OD. Just not a big fan of it anymore. I used to like it with PW and Slaton 2 years ago, bout it.

The only time I find it cheesy tho is when like on a 4th and 1, a team who hasnt ran option all game, aka its not in their gameplan... runs a speed option out of the blue just to run with the QB quick to the outside and hits any hole he sees for that 1-2 yard first down. I cant stand that. Some guys do it in the other 2 Heisman ODs Im in, its unstoppable and cheesy.

Now if you are running the option often and its in your gameplan, I dont have a prob with it.
gameface1324
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dotts on Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:47 pm

gameface1324 wrote:Nigga I dont even run the WC often Razz And its def not an option either so you FAIL!

I havent really used option much on this game, cept the couple times I played with GT in Longhorns OD. Just not a big fan of it anymore. I used to like it with PW and Slaton 2 years ago, bout it.

The only time I find it cheesy tho is when like on a 4th and 1, a team who hasnt ran option all game, aka its not in their gameplan... runs a speed option out of the blue just to run with the QB quick to the outside and hits any hole he sees for that 1-2 yard first down. I cant stand that. Some guys do it in the other 2 Heisman ODs Im in, its unstoppable and cheesy.

Now if you are running the option often and its in your gameplan, I dont have a prob with it.

Wildcat option whatever its all teh same Razz and that is when i last played you was two years ago!
dotts
Starter
Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  longhorn8005 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:55 pm

dotts wrote:
longhorn8005 wrote:Option plays are glitches. Not saying people should stop running the option, but using it in unrealistic situations definitely gives the opponent an advantage.

Have you watched teams when they run the option alot of teams do it on 3rd and long (just like the screen play) because if somebody fucks up its a big gain maybe more (like your 60 TD), its not a glitch either just learn to cover the pitch man as well, people pitch the ball while getting hit, it happens thats why its in the game. You just have to make sure if you are gunning for the qb that somebody is taking care of the pitch man...I use the play the pitch man gameplan so the cpu goes for the pitch man and i can go for the qb, helps alot especially against the wildcat if you ever play clark

This is only for option teams. Nobody in this dynasty has an option running team. I understand if you're Georgia Tech or Navy because these are option running teams. But if you're say Texas and you run an option out of the Ace formation on 3rd & 10 that definitely gives Texas an advantage because the option animations on this game are so poor. On the 60yd play last year I was playing a passing team who rarely ran the ball and on 3rd & 10 he runs an option while I'm in a dime defense. While i'm tackling the QB he throws a behind the back pitch to the RB who scampers 60 yards downfield, there was no way I could stop that play especially when your opponent hasn't ran an option the whole game. The only reason he ran it was because the animations are so poor on this game and I know you've witnessed it before. There is no way on 3rd & 10 a passing team is going to call an option, that is what I mean by unrealistic situations. Hell on 3rd and 10 most option teams would rarely call an option run.
longhorn8005
Red-Shirt
Red-Shirt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gameface1324 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:58 pm

I agree with what Longhorn is saying too. 3rd and long, suddenly you run an option... yep did it for sole cheesiness
gameface1324
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  longhorn8005 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:24 pm

quick question.

Have the sliders actually been changed. I just checked them out in the dynasty settings and mine are still set on Varsity.
longhorn8005
Red-Shirt
Red-Shirt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gameface1324 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:27 pm

No, well they HAVE, it just doesnt save it to the OD till Week 3. The changes didnt go in until week 1 had already simmed.

They will be there for week 3. And hopefully not see any more user game scores like this weeks was
gameface1324
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sharkys66 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:07 pm

when is week 3?

sharkys66
Red-Shirt
Red-Shirt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gameface1324 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:54 pm

Soon as the last user game is played, or tonight, whichever comes first
gameface1324
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DMT1809 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:12 pm

Sorry fellas don't have time to do a recap cuz of hw but I beat LSU 29-27. My defense was dominating for most of the first 3 quarters then they started making play after play. A long TD run put it within two but i snuffed out a FB dive. I threw 2 dumb picks that were my fault and on one 3rd and long missed a wide open slot reciever on a post route lol. My running game was shut down pretty much except for a long TD run I'll chalk that up to LSU's D-Line and missed holes by me. My defense got 7 sacks tho!. Three came from my SS turned LB and Junior SS AJ Wise who had 11tkls and a sack. The late run their HB broke 4 tackles which made me say wtf lol. Hope this game brings the momentum I need to prepare for Strouse lol.
DMT1809
All-American
All-American

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  axspecialk on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:11 pm

i lost 42-14 but it was close untill late. freshman qb on the road he just couldnt overcome that home crowd. i couldnt call audibles i have alot of young guys on the field this year. clemson te was impossible to stop. it was amazing. it was a few times i could have tied it up but my qb couldnt do it he didnt have the poise. umm biggest play i think was after a huge strip to tie it at 21 im inside my 20 its 3rd i complete the pass for the first n on a quick pass the call a 10 yard holding making it 3rd n long. n that was it. young team they made alot of mistakes. his dl was unblockable. just one of those games. gg iowa im ready when u are. i refue to go 0-2 to start in user games this year i figured i might drop one of these tho. so there is the drop n now im ready. lol
axspecialk
2nd String
2nd String

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  axspecialk on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:33 pm

wow i just looked at my schedule n im a lil worried... at #3 clemson(user) @ iowa (defending nat champs) @ #10 michigan @ ucla.. then my other user game is on the road. sheesh Sad wrong year to start a freshman qb lol. one week at a time. Iowa Next time to rebound n get up for that game! GO CAL!
axspecialk
2nd String
2nd String

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top