National Title: #2 Ole Miss vs #1 Iowa
gameface1324
Admin

View user profile http://cfbo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bowl Week 2011

Post  MaccMane24 on Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:02 pm

Cowboys Win 2011 Cotton Bowl

The 2011 Cotton Bowl proved to be a rather interesting game. The weather predictions were no where near accurate as the two teams hailing from the heart of the south ended up playing in the pouring rain. Horrid weather conditions was what shifted the Cowboys offensive strategy a bit, which helped them win their first game in a month.

"Nobody had any idea the rain would come down that hard. When we realized these were the conditions we'd be playing in, we decided to hand the ball off a bit more and hope to break the will of our opponent's defence. It worked out for the best, Trav and Kyle having monster days putting up over 250 yards on the ground,"

Kyle Staley was the seasons starting running back but injuries kept him from seeing the ball as much as he was in the beginning of the season. Same classmen, Travis Miller took over the starting duties and has seen 20+ touches a game.

"Teams must change their strategy to defend both of our backs. Travis will make plays with his feet and won't go down on the first hit. Teams know they must swarm around him in order to keep him infront of them. Kyle on the other hand has great hands and is a known threat to catch the ball when on the field. Teams will often play man coverage on him and usually we try hiding our hand offs to him in passing formations so that we get that one on one coverage. Today, Trav went down with a broken toe and Kyle came on with four wide-outs in the formation. Quick little hand off sent Kyle 56 yards down the field for a score," Coach Macc said.

Great defensive play kept the ball in the Cowboys hands for the majority of the game. Jordan Barnes picked opposing UGA QB off on the very first play of the game and the Cowboys drove down the field and were denied on 4th and goal. The Cowboys forced a 3 and out, got the ball back and Adrian Richards caught one of his two TDs on the day for a short score diving in the corner over a few would-be tacklers. On the very next drive, when UGA looked like they would have no problems tying the game up a quick dump off over the middle had HB Caleb King turning into the massive force of Jordan Barnes, once again forcing a turnover and putting the ball back in OSU's hands to eventually give them a 14-0 lead.

"Jordan is our defensive leader. He's a hawk and he's always near the ball. He's great in pass coverage and he's done wonders in helping our younger underclassmen advance their game. He had the best game he's had all year today and was a force defensively,"

Barnes finishes the season with 61 tackles, 9 TFL, 2 sacks, 2 INTs.

The seasons starting QB Brandon Weeden was back but Coach Macc gave his true freshman, Trae Pierce the nod. Trae threw 21/30 and for two touchdowns on 207 yards. He also threw a pick.

Adrian Richards continued to impress catching 11 balls for 115 yards and 2 TDs. It's in the air whether or not Richards will be back in college next year of if he opts out and becomes eligible for the draft. It's known he's very fond of Coach Macc it all depends whether or not he feels his skills are ready for the next level.
MaccMane24
Starter
Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dotts on Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:43 pm

aspecialky2k txt me 563-940-7045 and let me know when a good time to play would be. I will not be available at all on saturday, so that leaves friday night and sunday. Let me know what if you want to do it tonight by at least 9 oclock because if i dont hear from you by then i might not be home tonight. If sunday works better just let me know and we can work out a time to play
dotts
Starter
Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  axspecialk on Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:48 pm

damn i sent u a msg. earlier today on psn but u didnt respond. i thought to come on the forum.but i been on the road.. so i guess tonight is shot. netime on sunday is fine for me i dont want to hold everyone up with our game. ill send u a txt...
axspecialk
2nd String
2nd String

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Fiesta Bowl

Post  edwvu76 on Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:22 am

got my ass handed to me lol...JStrouse is very good, too good for me, I gotta learn to play defense before step it up to play the big boys!!!! I'm tryin to learn, just not having much success, great game dude, good luck next season.
edwvu76
Starter
Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JStrouse05 on Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:08 pm

It was a good game man. Before those 2 TOs in the 2nd half the game was definitely far from over. I think it went from like 18 pt lead to 11 then back and forth. It wasn't a nailbitter but you'll be alright. You upset Clemson and I wish it would have helped me get a 2nd shot at Iowa. Guess I'll have to wait, Gameface, if you could, I'd love another shot at Iowa next season. He took like 4 recruits from me and my shot a a title... I need a shot at some revenge!!! Cool
JStrouse05
Red-Shirt
Red-Shirt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gameface1324 on Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:42 pm

How are we looking on these other games fellas? the USF game needs to be played asap, already waited 2 days on you guys
gameface1324
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DMT1809 on Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:30 pm

I got my game in...it was very tough against Texas. Washington has a QB controversy next year. Pierre Smith threw 3 interceptions in the first half and got benched. My backup QB Leonard went 10-12 for 207 yds and a TD...he might be my starter going into next season. Smith was the #5 ranked QB in the 1st recruiting class but he hasnn't developed at all. The running game didn't do much as Mike Davis only had 40 yards on the ground since Texas defense was abusing my young OL. Won the game but damn those 3 picks put me in a whole early. Defense did a good job and my Freshman stepped up as Coleman wreaked havoc all game long. Next year I think we'll have a few guys on our front 7 in the high 80's and 90's if they develop nicely. 9-4...pretty good year, will be a force next year if I can get creative with my offense lol
DMT1809
All-American
All-American

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  axspecialk on Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:30 pm

we are gonna get it done soon he dotts wasnt avaialble till today. n i just got in we gonna knock it out now...
axspecialk
2nd String
2nd String

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  axspecialk on Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:22 pm

Rose bowl is done i might write a recap later. But we get the win over usf in high offensive fashion like u are use to seeing by cal by now. Lots of offense on both sides. Cal loses one game on the season n gets robed of the national championship with our only loss coming to a top 25 team first game of the season in triple over time. not sure how the bcs figures this one this year but ahhh well year is done n lookin forward to next year. Ne wayz rootin for ole miss in the bcs championship game. cause then their is a lot of debate as to who really was number 1 this year lol o and i see u tamu out there with only 1 loss as well.
axspecialk
2nd String
2nd String

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gameface1324 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:12 pm

Ole Miss loses 3rd straight Nat title game. I should switch to Ohio St for real

My recap:

Close game.. under 30 sec til half I force a bad pass for a pick in the end zone, a DEF FREAKING LINEMAN outruns my entire team for over 100 yards for TD. 14 pt swing, game over pretty much

Had a shot late, but another fumble and Int in the endzone done me in.

hampton was an untacklable beast. The varsity AI for no human controlled players is retarded. simple handoffs outside the tackle, and my OLs and Safeties are running to the middle of the line even after its obvious which way he is going.

My kick returners seemed to be running in slow mo, for real. I would catch a ball on the goalline, and not make it back to the 20.

Game was closer than score indicates. I threw a pick late in the end zone again, and longhorn drove down the field to score. And I wont forget the shittiness of punching it in when I wasnt calling timeouts all the way down the field to let the clock run, and you run it in from the 3 yard line with 30 sec left when you coulda kneeled on 3rd down and let the clock run out on 4th. Up 2 scores already to boot.

whatever

Final Score 40-21

Last edited by gameface1324 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
gameface1324
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gameface1324 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:15 pm

correction, was an OLB, the #92 threw me off. Still was afluky play
gameface1324
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dotts on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:18 pm

gameface1324 wrote:Ole Miss loses 3rd straight Nat title game. I should switch to Ohio St for real

Dont worry you are making a name for yourself the most national titles lost in a row...dont worry you only have one more to tie the buffalo bills for best loser in football
dotts
Starter
Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DMT1809 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:59 pm

damn idk wut was funnier the dig at my buckeyes or dotts comparin u to the buffalo bills lmao...damn 3rd in a row clark i think if you make it next yr you'll get over the hump Harrell will prolly be like a 95 OVR lol...scary how much of a difference the #1 and #5 QB's in our first recruiting class have drawn...my man is an 81 ovr with 2 years starting experience...yours is a RS FR who is like an after hitting the playbook all year...still a great season you're dominating the SEC lol
DMT1809
All-American
All-American

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  longhorn8005 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:02 pm

"We are the champions my friend" that was the first thing Coach Longhorn had to say when he stepped up to the podium for his post-game interview. "It was a tough, hard fought challenge and I believe the best team won today" he added. The final score won't reflect how close the game was but their is no questioning who the best team in the nation is. The Hawkeye defense once again proved why it is the best in the nation holding Ole Miss to under 300 yards while recording 2 sacks and forcing 3 turnovers one of which was returned for a TD right before the half.

Even though Jewel Hampton was his usual self with 200 rushing yards on 19 carries his running mate Brandon Wegher was the one that stole the show. Wegher had 177 total yds including a long kick return that really changed the momentum in the game. "I just was trying to be patient and find a seam and when I found it I hit it" Wegher added after the game. He was named the Offensive Player of the Game.

There is no question who the Defensive Player of the Game was, who else but the Bednarik winning OLB Jamie Harrison, who some say could be more talented than his older brother James Harrison of the Super Bowl winning Pittsburgh Steelers. Before the half Jamie Harrison had a play reminiscent of the play before the half James made during the Super Bowl. Jamie Harrison picked off a pass and rumbled up the sideline for a 97 yd int return for a TD. "Deja Vu for the Harrison's" is what Jamie had to say about the play. Later in the 2nd half he forced a huge fumble that was recovered by Iowa and helped them seal the game. Asked if he is considering entering the NFL Draft Jamie said "I want to be the best ever to play this position, to do that I have to win more championships and more Bednarik's, so I'm coming back."

This game was ended with a little controversy with 30 seconds left and Iowa up 33-21. Brandon Wegher scored a rushing touchdown from the 2 yd line, some may see this as running up the score, Coach Longhorn saw it differently. "I have seen strange things happen in this game of football and I wasn't going to let it happen to my kids, not today" he said. "We were going to play Iowa Hawkeye football until that clock struck 0:00 and that is what we did, I will not apologize for that."

At the end of his interview the 1 million dollar questioned was asked would Coach Longhorn look to take the job of his struggling alma mater, The University of Texas Longhorns if the job presented itself, and he had this to say. "At this point in my life I've learned just to sit back and enjoy moments for what they are, and this moment right now is the greatest of my life, so I will enjoy this one for a little while before I even think about going anywhere else." Spoken like a true coach.
longhorn8005
Red-Shirt
Red-Shirt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top