CFBO Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 13

5 posters

Go down

Week 13 Empty Week 13

Post  gameface1324 Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:57 pm

Is up.

Game of the Week:
#2 Iowa vs #12 Oklahoma St

Sharky, when can you play our game?
gameface1324
gameface1324
Admin

https://cfbo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Week 13 Empty Re: Week 13

Post  gameface1324 Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:03 pm

I jumped from 8 to 5, but fucking Boise losing to Idaho destroyed my chances... they dropped to #11 and will barely be top 10 when we play

I need a Clemson or Iowa loss now
gameface1324
gameface1324
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MaccMane24 Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:45 pm

I'll do my best, Clark lol.

Iowa when can you play? I'll add you on PSN and we'll hopefully get it in sometime tonight.
MaccMane24
MaccMane24
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post  DMT1809 Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:03 pm

2 losses in a row...need to stop the skid now!!! lol gona get my game in at like midnight tonite just cuz ill b out the house all day tomoro...yeh them Vandals can be killers!!! it's the potatoes i tell ya!!!!
DMT1809
DMT1809
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  gameface1324 Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:03 am

Come on Sharky.. Ive posted here and sent you a PSN. Id like to see at least an effort to name a time to play. Almost 24 hours since advanced... and you are never on AIM
gameface1324
gameface1324
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sharkys66 Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:55 pm

Sorry man my bad can u play at 3:30 today?

sharkys66
Red-Shirt
Red-Shirt

Back to top Go down

Post  sharkys66 Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:13 pm

Also my players have asked me if they can wear all white for this home game and I have agreed to it. Dress accordingly.

sharkys66
Red-Shirt
Red-Shirt

Back to top Go down

Post  MaccMane24 Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:38 pm

Brutal brutal brutal loss. A complete shalacking. Sorry to let down everyone whose allready dropped one this year, lol.

I don't have the stats at school here but let me tell you the Cowboy offence couldn't do a thing. Iowa completely shut me down in all facets of the game. It was the weirdest game I've ever played, seen some animations I've NEVER seen before. He'd be stuffed right in the middle and run east or west and just blow right past me. No excuse because it's evident I got clearly dominated. Poor tackling and coaching Coach Macc admits. I used the wrong offensive set and I was doomed from the beginning. My players weren't comfortable with the play calling and I think I would've been FINE if I stuck to our normal game plan. I think I could've at least kept up offensively with him had I chose a better playbook to run this week but there's no excuse for the lack of defensive coverage.

I had to shut off the audio on the game because Kirk and Lee wouldn't shut up about how many records his offense broke. Jewel Hampton killed me on the ground running 5 in and his start wide out also put up a couple with double coverage nearly called on him almost every passing down. One more easy game for me and it looks like the 'boys will end it with a three loss season. Looking forward to the current prediction of OK ST. vs UGA in the Cotton Bowl.
MaccMane24
MaccMane24
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post  gameface1324 Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:54 pm

sharkys66 wrote:Sorry man my bad can u play at 3:30 today?

3:30 will be pushing it, I usually dont leave work till 3-330.

4-4:30 would be better
gameface1324
gameface1324
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gameface1324 Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:55 pm

highDEFFF24 wrote:Brutal brutal brutal loss. A complete shalacking. Sorry to let down everyone whose allready dropped one this year, lol.

I don't have the stats at school here but let me tell you the Cowboy offence couldn't do a thing. Iowa completely shut me down in all facets of the game. It was the weirdest game I've ever played, seen some animations I've NEVER seen before. He'd be stuffed right in the middle and run east or west and just blow right past me. No excuse because it's evident I got clearly dominated. Poor tackling and coaching Coach Macc admits. I used the wrong offensive set and I was doomed from the beginning. My players weren't comfortable with the play calling and I think I would've been FINE if I stuck to our normal game plan. I think I could've at least kept up offensively with him had I chose a better playbook to run this week but there's no excuse for the lack of defensive coverage.

I had to shut off the audio on the game because Kirk and Lee wouldn't shut up about how many records his offense broke. Jewel Hampton killed me on the ground running 5 in and his start wide out also put up a couple with double coverage nearly called on him almost every passing down. One more easy game for me and it looks like the 'boys will end it with a three loss season. Looking forward to the current prediction of OK ST. vs UGA in the Cotton Bowl.

I talked him into Iowa too lol. He inherited a juiced team that are seeing the players come thru now that the guy who won this league year 1 recruited. Iowa has players in tops of all major awards too. By far the fave to win it all.

Too bad I won then lost my Miami game!
gameface1324
gameface1324
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  axspecialk Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:57 pm

ok so wll looks like im on the outside lookin in for sure. ok state loses again which makes my one loss look bad lol sorry for the restart i have a samsung dlp 50 inch and the damn lamp is blown so i have to buy a replacement i started the game on it n couldn't play cause it kept shutting off so i switched to my ol skool crv and almost lost the same game cause i couldn't see the whole field. lol ne wayz looks like this one is the books iowa v clemson for the national championship with me usf ole miss and texas am lookin on. damn 2 points smh. damn ok state! lol
axspecialk
axspecialk
2nd String
2nd String

Back to top Go down

Post  sharkys66 Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:15 pm

gameface 4 would be good for me as well.

sharkys66
Red-Shirt
Red-Shirt

Back to top Go down

Post  gameface1324 Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:06 pm

Well sharky just gave me the best game Ive had all year.

He holds me to a FG late in game to make it a 7 pt game, gets ball back with no timeouts and goes right down field and scores in under a min. 20 seconds left, I return the kickoff almost for a TD, tackled at 40. Trying for a FG, I connect with a post pattern that got behind his safeties... TD to end game

#1 GameScore on my PS3 with a score of 1446
gameface1324
gameface1324
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MaccMane24 Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:11 pm

axspecialk wrote:ok so wll looks like im on the outside lookin in for sure. ok state loses again which makes my one loss look bad lol sorry for the restart i have a samsung dlp 50 inch and the damn lamp is blown so i have to buy a replacement i started the game on it n couldn't play cause it kept shutting off so i switched to my ol skool crv and almost lost the same game cause i couldn't see the whole field. lol ne wayz looks like this one is the books iowa v clemson for the national championship with me usf ole miss and texas am lookin on. damn 2 points smh. damn ok state! lol

Those Cowboys, don't sleep on 'em! lol I'm alrite with a 3 loss season. I could've made it a two loss but I fucked the Oklahoma game up. I just hope I gain some coach prestige and hopefully increase the schools rating so I can get a better recruiting class next year. I've got one 5* this year and nearly going through almost all 3* with a couple 4* I'm hoping next year OK State is a favourite on more 4* players.
MaccMane24
MaccMane24
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post  gameface1324 Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:33 pm

An EGGsellent Game!

Week 13 11966506Week 13 11966506Week 13 991A0001_3_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_pRg

The Egg Bowl wasn't supposed to have much hype this season, as the two teams were far apart in standings and talent. But Miss St had something to say about that, as the Bulldogs took the #5 Ole Miss Rebels to the shed and then some, giving them all they wanted and made them rely on a last second finish to win this huge Rivalry game.

The game started off with a frenzied crowd, after rookie QB Blake Harrell, who has had a stellar first season, made a freshman mistake. He misread a zone coverage, throwing a quick out to a Tight End, and the CB stepped up and picked the pass off and ran it back 69 yards for a TD to give the Bulldogs (5-5, 3-4) a 7-0 lead early.

But Mississippi would answer back, with a long drive and nice running by All-American Brandon Bolden, capping it off with a 3 yard TD scamper. A State Interception would give the Rebels the ball back quickly, and they capitalized, with another TD run from Bolden making the score 14-7 Rebels.

But the Bull Dogs weren't done. Picking off Harrel for the 2nd time in the end zone, they got the ball back and put together a nice drive with balanced offense, scoring on a 25 yard run by C. Sampson. The game went into the half tied 14-14.

The Only 3rd quarter score saw Brandon Bolden again run for a 8 yd TD catch from Harrell, putting the Rebels up 21-14. The 4th quarter saw great defense by both teams, as time ticked off when Ole Miss had the ball, the teams traded FGs making the score 24-17 with :59 seconds to go.

But that is when the Bulldogs completed 3 passes down the field, spiking the ball after each, and capped the drive with a 30 yard TD pass to tie the game! With the crowd in a frenzy and smelling an upset in OT, the Bulldogs lined up to Kick the ball off. They chose to kick it high and short. but Junior Horatio Williams had other plans, returning the kick 44 yards and almost for a TD, but was tripped up.

Enter James Logan.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/11966606

The first and only play the Rebels had, with 13 seconds on the clock, Harrell was looking at a 15 yard post pattern to his slot to get his team a chance for a timeout and game winning FG. James Logan had other plans. Seeing the safeties pull back in cover 2, the FS allowed Logan to take the route in front of him to the left, giving Logan a freed up open route on the corner. Harrell found him in stride, he pulled it in and ran the rest of the way in for the 39 yard TD catch, giving the game to the Rebels.

Logan ended up with 103 yards and the TD. Bolden ran for 137 yards on 26 carries and 2 TDs, and 1 more Rec TD.

Freshman Blake Harrell passed for 259 yards on 17/21, with 2 TD and 2 Int.

GREAT game sharky.

If you were wondering what I was talking about in that IM in the 3rd quarter, I can show you I saved a highlight. It wouldnt let me see the other 2 replays, said they were unavailable. You prob dont even realize you are doing it, and I personally dont care much cept that it converted 2 3rd and 1 4th down and longs. But other people might get upset.
gameface1324
gameface1324
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DMT1809 Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:05 pm

Soory I haven't been on the forums for a few and been missin the game recaps..although not much to put in for those shelackings by USC and Cal, then a horrible game offensively in a 17-14 win over UCLA...didn't impress recruits lol

The Apple Cup was a highlight worthy game for the Huskies Defense. Freshman All American Candidate Garrett Moody had a phenomenal game against the COugars O, getting 8 tkls 2 tfl and an INT. D-Lineman Bryant Coleman also pitched in 2 big sacks and may also garner freshman All AMerican and 1st team All Conference honors. "Our Defense played excellent, I'm just glad the guys didn't slip up against this 1-win Cougar team. They've had a rough year but are just a few plays away from being a .500 team." The Huskies offense has been mainly conservative the last two games. Pierre Smith has made plays in the first half but the 2nd half of each game Coach Thompson has switched to a run first game plan. After going 12-15 in the 1st half against UCLA the Huskies only passed 1 time in the second and ran for over 170 yards. The second half of the Apple Cup was the same as Smith again had a very good first half but the Huskies opted to run the ball very effectively. It was an overall good game by the team but that's not saying much against the Washington St Cougars. Later in the press conference Coach Thompson reflected on the regular season:

"We went 8-4 in what a lot of people would say is a rebuilding year. I want the Huskies boosters to know we aren't trying to rebuild but reload every year. Coach Carrol had a 6 loss seaosn last year and we went in there and got throttled. Jeff Tedford was relieved of his duties at Cal and Coach Ax came in and showed his excellent offensive prowess. The Pac 10 is the third best conference in my eyes right behind the SEC and Big 12. We have the offseason to bring in promising new talent that will help us in the places we need to improve the most. Our offense wasn't as explosive as our first two years here and I think that starts at the QB position. Pierre Smith really needs to improve over the offseason if he wants to take his game to the next level. I think he can become what Jimmy Clausen was for Notre Dame during the 2009 season. Our RB's were very good Mike Davis is going to have a season for the ages next year and I'll peg him to be a Heisman candidate before he leaves school. The main place we nee to improve is on our O-line. They are very young and wlll become an asset to our teamofor the next 3 and 4 years. On defense our D-line is getting amazing pressure as always and Coleman should be a Lombardi finalist next year. The LB core is very young but will be better and I think our ability to bring more speed will help us defense man to man coverage better. Our secondary was shaky again this year. The last two years it was because of our 4-2-5 scheme but this yea it was just because we don't have the athleticism to match up with the speed of a USC or Ole Miss or Cal. That will definitely be on our agenda for the recruiting season as we are targeting a lot of speed on the outside. I'm also going to provide analysis for myself as I did not put our guys in the best position to make all the plays. I believe I need to innovate our offense as it is to conservative to compete with the national contenders and we will find the right offensive consultant to help us out next year. It was a very good season and next year our improvements should see us make a run at the conference title and maybe the National Championship".
DMT1809
DMT1809
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  DMT1809 Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:05 pm

Also great job ed!!! Big win trows a wrench in the national title race!!!!!
DMT1809
DMT1809
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down