Week 11

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Week 11

Post  gameface1324 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:21 am

Is up. Try to get these done today guys so we can advance for the weekend tonight
gameface1324
Admin

View user profile http://cfbo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 11

Post  longhorn8005 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:46 pm

Just a heads up!

I definitely have to go to Dallas this weekend to support my alma mater in the Red River Rivalry game, so I probably won't be back until Monday morning.

Hook Em' Horns!
longhorn8005
Red-Shirt
Red-Shirt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DMT1809 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:09 pm

I can get mines in at like 1am i gotta play a user in ed's OD...but will have it done tonight since I'm working on a final project all day tomorrow...have fun at the game longhorn!!!! Colt 4 Heisman!!!!! pirat
DMT1809
All-American
All-American

View user profile

Back to top Go down

sPitt @ WVU

Post  edwvu76 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:04 pm

Milan Puskar Stadium - Morgantown, WV
Pitt 35 WVU 41 OT

Pitt started out the game taking it to hated rival WVU, getting up 14 pretty early due to the Mountaineer defense not being able to stop Dion Lewis and Eugene Smith forcing a couple bad throws resulting in picks. WVU would fight back on the arm of Coley White and the running of Mark Rogers. Up 7, Coley White makes a ill advised pitch and it's picked off and Pitt marches down the field in less than a minute to send it into overtime. The EER D would hold Pitt to a three and out and force the fg, and the Tavon Austin would score the winning TD in only 3 plays. This game was much closer than expected, but emotions run high in rivalry games. The dual QB system seems to be working out ok, as Coley White made some good audibles a the line and ended the day 10-13 112 yards and 4 TD's. Starter Eugene Smith didn't have a horrible day, but his decision making needs to improve for this coaching staff to trust him, he finished 12-17 203 yards and 2 int's. Mark Rogers added 100 yards on 22 carries and a TD on the ground. TE Tyler Urban caught 7 balls for 115 and Logan Heastie caught 5 balls for 72 yards and 3 TD's. Defensively SS John Scott led the team with 9 tackles, 2 for loss and a sack. Next week, the Mountaineers travel to Tampa to take on USF for the Big East Crown!!!!!
edwvu76
Starter
Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MaccMane24 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:20 pm

I'm done my game and I think my next week is a bye for me so I'll keep checking to do my recruiting.

-----
OK STATE 42 KANSAS 6

The Oklahoma State Cowboys took another step towards proving themselves nationally handling the Kansas Jayhawks 42-6. Great defensive coverage with flash blitz packages froze the Jayhawk quarterback all day making him throw off stride. The Cowboys didn't allow a touchdown for the first time this season and anytime the Jayhawks caught a lucky break, the Cowboy defence picked him off and made him pay for it.

"The defence played about as good as you could expect from any group of kids at this age. Everyone hustling to the ball and just swarming the ball carrier. It was perfect execution tackling, just a few minor mistakes in the passing game that put them in range to make some long kicks to put points on the board," said Coach Macc.

True Freshman QB Traevon Pierce has since taken over for injured senior Brandon Weeden and had a brilliant day throwing for 4 passing touchdowns. Trae went 24 of 35 and put up 256 yards without getting picked off the entire day. Trae proved his decision making and overall awareness are more than enough to lead such a high powered offence.

"I just did whatever I could with the opportunity Coach Macc's given me to help us win. I figured if I make zero mistakes, our experienced core in all other skilled positions would lead us to victory," Trae said.

It sure helps to have such a deadly target in Adrian Richards when you're a freshman QB, too. Trae and Adr connected for three first half TDs - Richards proving that he'll bring it on a week to week basis. On the Cowboys first drive of the game down 3-0 it was Pierce to Richards nearly the entire time - if not, it was Pierce handing the ball off to RB Travis Miller.

Traevon was asked how he feels about having Richards to throw to. He looked stunned and said, "are you kidding me? It's not even the fact that he's my first read if you haven't noticed the guy is ALWAYS open. Defences will try and jam him or double cover him and still he leaves a huge window to throw to and he's let me know in practice - he'll go head to head with anybody in the country. If I see one on one, he expects the pass and he almost always comes down with it,"

Miller ran the ball well and has proven the hype is no joke. Breaking and bouncing tackles left and right for 117 yards on 24 touches with one TD score. His biggest run of the day was a brilliantly set up audible call by Pierce that catapulted Travis down the left sideline with nearly nobody near him for a 26 yard gain. He was eventually barely pushed out of bounds by the Jayhawks last hope.

"What can I say? Our defence is on fire. The corrections we've made through this season may have seemed trial and error with our current 2 loss season but I assure you - it's no surprise the total yardage against has gone down substantially. Four picks on the day? All of our safeties and corners getting in on the action? Beautiful execution I couldn't have asked for better," Coach Macc had to say.

The defence allowed Jayhawk QBs to throw only 7 for 26 and for 135 yards. A huge improvement from their previous nearly 300 YPG average from the seasons first games. Leadership from SS Lowe the defensive captain inspires the rest of the team and has sparked the fire behind breakout seasons from sophmore LOLB Jordan Barnes and FS Johnny Thomas proving their impact player status. Barnes collected 9 tackles on the day and Thomas had 8 1 TFL and 1 INT. Freshman corner Chris Reed coming off of a huge game against Texas running back two INTs grabbed another pick this week.

"We've got a week to rest up and we've got Iowa after that. They're undefeated and I've been getting a couple calls lately from some coaches lately telling me we better handle business! Look out for a well rested, determined bunch that game! Go BOYS!"
MaccMane24
Starter
Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  axspecialk on Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:44 am

i will be out of town till sunday night i will have my game done by like 2 am or so mon am so plz dont sim on me. unless u advance soon then i may be able to sneak it in before i leave. let me kno. thanks
axspecialk
2nd String
2nd String

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dotts on Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:44 pm

no long updates lately because i ahve been busy playing uncharted 2 (im close to the last chapter on my first play through) but story of the USF/UConn game was the kicking game. 5/5 with a long of 57 yds. I was getting screwed in teh groza at 10/11 with a long of 53, after that performance should be the front runner
dotts
Starter
Starter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gameface1324 on Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:07 pm

OH Miss!

In a WILD game Saturday in Oxford, the #17 Georgia Bulldogs came into town with one thing in mind... a SEC title. 2 time repeat champ Ole Miss, ranked #9, wants to make it 3 in a row. What a game.

Trailing 31-21 at the end of the 3rd quarter, Ole Miss abandoned the run game and started going to the air. But UGA scored yet again to start the 4th, a 7 yd pass to AJ Green to make the score 38-21.

"At that point, I knew it was gonna take some luck, and a never give up attitude," Freshman QB Blake Harrell said after the game.

Boy did it ever. Harrell followed with a long drive for a TD pass, making the score 38-28. A UGA FG increased the lead to 41-28. Luckily, a 13 pt defecit meant the Rebels could win with 2 TDs. The only problem was, there was only 1:40 left in the game.

On 4th down and goal from the 10, Harrell found All-American HB Bolden for a 10 yard TD with :36 seconds left in the game. Then Ole Miss RECOVERED THE ONSIDES KICK!

Then with only 22 seconds on the clock, Harrell found K. Joeseph on a 1 yard pass, after a long 30 yd pass to his TE to get the ball on the 1, for a 1 point lead. The Rebel D held as UGA ran out of time.

Ole MIss scored 14 pts in 36 seconds, and 21 points in 2:47. Brandon Bolden ended up with 141 yards on 28 carries and 1 TD. Blake Harrell threw for 323 Yards and 4 TD.

Final Score: 42-41
gameface1324
Admin

View user profile http://cfbo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top