CFBO Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 7

4 posters

Go down

Week 7 Empty Week 7

Post  gameface1324 Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:05 pm

Game of the Week:
#20 Ok St vs #2 Nebraska

User Games:
Mich St at Iowa (on auto)

Advancing Monday Night
gameface1324
gameface1324
Admin

https://cfbo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Empty Re: Week 7

Post  MaccMane24 Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:38 pm

Coach Macc and Cowboys rally to shut Cornhusker Offence down

The day started out ugly but sure brightened up for the Oklahoma State Cowboys. Their trip down to Nebraska was well worth the drive as they came away with a 24-7 win over the #2 ranked Corn Huskers.

"It was horrible weather conditions for football. We were plotting and planning how we could keep the ball on the ground and the Husker D on their heels but for the most part of the first half they shut the run right down," Travis Miller the starting running back at OK St. said.

Miller once again rushed for over a 100 yards putting up 113 on 27 carries, one explosive run for nearly 30 yards out of the Wildcat formation.

"It's something we've worked on all season and has brought us pretty good success. We were using Adrian Richards to run it at the beginning but now we feel our best odds are with our pinball in Miller. He was crucial for us today stepping up on 3rd downs just bouncing off tackles doing whatever it took for us to convert,"

Miller didn't reach the endzone for one of the first times this season but he couldn't be happier with the way his team played.

"I love touchdowns, don't get me wrong. But seeing how hard our pass defence worked all week and shut down one of the countries best offences - I couldn't be happier. If they play like that the rest of the year I'll be fine without seeing the endzone once more,"

Brandon Weeden the teams offensive captain was injured in the second quarter, but only after the Cowboys built a 14-0 lead after he hit his favourite target Adrian Richards for two strikes. One a 52 yard reception that Weeden just put high in the air and Richards abused the single coverage to run right past Huskers safety to make the play.

"My eyes lit up when I saw nobody lined up with me out of the slot. I knew they were either playing zone or that safety gave me some cushion because he thought I'd burn him. Turned out they were playing man and I just ran right past him, looked up and Brandon put the ball exactly where he's been putting it all year - right in my hands,"

Richards was awarded the game ball but quickly gave it right back to the entire defence.

"Man the way they battled it was no doubt they deserved this one,"

The Cowboys introduced a new look using the 3-4 system that let their speedy, athletic line backers make some big plays. It obviously confused the Husker because they gave up only 155 yards total and 99 of them came on a perfectly executed play action pass that froze the defence, the sidelines weren`t threatened or even upset when the guys came off. In fact it was most of the key peices on the offence with big smiles on their faces coming over to the secondary after giving up a big play and joking with them "no more".

The countries stingiest run defence gave up a total of 38 yards on the ground (if you excuse the QB Spanos numerous times he was drilled in the backfield) lead by Nigel Nicolas whose proving himself to his team and to the country as a monster pass rusher. Nicolas left the game with 6 tackles, 4 TFL and 3 sacks.

"It felt great. We didn`t let Spano do a thing and only let him burn us once. That wont be the last time you`ll be seeing me in the backfield,"

Coach Macc can`t say enough good things about his defence.

"They went 0-7 in the first half on third down. It wasn`t very many third and longs either. The boys coming up big on third and short all day is what won us this game and kept the ball in our court. Johnny Thomas is a leader by what he does on the field. Boy doesn`t talk much but he does what he needs to do every time."

FS Thomas had three tackles in the backfield on the day, one coming on a screen play he sniffed out single handedly and made the tackle in the backfield with a wall of defenders in his way.

"It was third down and still a close game. I didn`t want to let them have momentum for a second. The play call complimented their screen well and I sniffed it out without being able to communicate with the rest of the guys. I knew I was by myself and I had to go make the tackle,"

It was truly a huge win for the Cowboys as they push their Big Bowl hopes even further knocking off the countries 2nd ranked team at the beginning of the week. The team ends their road trip and heads back home to play winless Kansas State and head back up the next week to face Oklahoma at home.
MaccMane24
MaccMane24
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post  dotts Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:38 pm

another bye *sigh* at least after this week i dont think i am off until the last week before champ week which is nice.
dotts
dotts
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post  gameface1324 Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:40 pm

4pm today and still 5 games to go...

get on em fellas
gameface1324
gameface1324
Admin

https://cfbo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DMT1809 Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:28 pm

Oh sorry clark I been n and out the hospital the past few days...got my game in earlier today for week 6 gona get it in right now lol...the recap will be short tho cuz i cant realy type lol...ill put in a recruiting update tho
DMT1809
DMT1809
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  DMT1809 Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:56 pm

"We shouldn't have won this game". Those were the first words out of Coach Thompson's mouth as the Huskies survived their trip to Tuscon, defeating Arizona 35-34. They were outmatched in all facets of the game except for special teams. The passing defense gave up over 300 yards in the first half as big play after play was made because of blown assignments and a very young front seven unable to get much of a pass rush. The offense was 6-11 on the 3rd down and that was the lone bright spot for what has been a pretty pedestrian offense so far this season. What is normally a strength of the team the running game was completely shut down by Mike Stoops Wildcat defense...getting just 59 yds and 2 TD's on 27 carries. Before being injured with an abdominal strain that will keep him out of the huddle for 4 weeks, Pierre Smith had an excellent game going as he was 9 of 13 for 158 yds, 2 TD's and 0 INT, Coach T felt that he was getting out of his sophmore slump and the injury will be a big setback to the offense. Backup Ronnie Fouch was 5-9 for 42 yds and a horrible INT and has not been named the starter for next weeks game. The key players on defense made plays when they needed to as for underclassmen all had huge games and are putting themselves in contention for all America honors.

Tyrell Blair (4* OLB converted to MLB)- 12 tkl 1 TFL
Garrett Moody (5* OLB)- 9 tkl 1 tfl 1 sk
A.J. Wise (4* Soph SS)- 7 tkl 1 tfl
Bryant Coleman (3* DE)- 7 tkl 2tfl 1 sk 1 INT

Up next is Oregon St...gotta find out who my QB is gona be lol
DMT1809
DMT1809
All-American
All-American

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content